Wednesday, October 15, 2008

oops.


"Jared the car got towed. I'm SO sorry!!!"
"It's ok. Do you have a ride home."
"Yeah, Barbie's husband will come get us."
Phone Dies.

So after enrichment I go out to drive Barbie home and I don't see my car where I parked it, but I do see signs there that say, "No Parking. Tow Zone." Barbie asked if I was sure I parked there. I was sure. I couldn't figure out why I parked there when it clearly was a tow zone, but I accepted that I was mindless.
I called Jared and told him, and he was nice about it. Then my phone died so I couldn't talk to him anymore. Barbie's husband was going to come get us, when suddenly I look across the street and realize the parking lot across from where I parked has suddenly turned into houses.
OK I am the biggest idiot! I start running down the street and when I turn the corner I see our car! It's incredible how much alike the sides of church can look, right?
Barbie went with me to get gas and I found Jared's number in my planner. I'm not sure which call was worse, me practically in tears telling him the car got towed, or telling him I'm an idiot and I was driving the car home.
It was a funny night. I couldn't stop laughing. Good thing I have a really patient husband.

Previously that night: I was late picking up Barbie, because I didn't consider the 15 minutes it takes to get out of the building and to the car. I then got lost driving when the street I was supposed to turn on never appeared. I was lost with the gas light on, in the dark, and my phone kept dying. Once I figured out which way I wanted to go I couldn't turn around for 7 blocks because of parks and one way streets. Finally I did make it to enrichment 30 minutes late- missed the lesson, but I was there in time for dinner.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsey and Jared,
Love the blog, what an adventure you are on. Take care, I love reading what you are up to.
Maybe someday I will get a blog!
Cute apartment, really cute!
Kristy

Barbie Madsen said...

hahaha!!! it was a funny night!! you are soo fun! thanks for the ride home last night, a good laugh is always good for your health. oh ya and thanks for the web site i am pimpin my blog just like you!!! haha

Heather O'Brien said...

Ha HA! Classic. That is sooo funny. You crack me up. I love your guts. So glad we talked today. I hope you can come next week! It'd be SOOOOO fun.

Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with your new phone. Never drive with the fuel light on. Tell your husband to fill it up. Never a dull moment with you two. Thanks for a great trip. We had so much fun. It was fun spending time with you. Glad that everything turned out OK.
Love Ya'll
Tracy

J. Benson said...

I listen to your music when I do homework, it's great new music to me. We should get together on Thursday (16th).

Let me know if you're available.

jenny.g.benson@gmail.com

McGiven Family.... said...

Chelsey you are the funniest girl ever! I love you! Abbey keeps telling me to look at your blog cause it is so cute! You are adorable! I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well. Chicago sounds like an adventure...good for you! These are the best times in life. I loved my first year of marriage and we have also loved our time away! Enjoy it everyday! Our blog is mcgivenfamily.blogspot.com so we should be blogging friends.

Natalie said...

That makes me feel less like an idiot for my own actions today. I seriously wish you could still come over every Sunday and tell us everything in your own words with all the animation. It just isn't quite the same :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Chels! I can't wait to get home from work to read your bloggin' for the day. Post more often!!! Don't you dare drive on a low tank, in the dark, in Chicago, with a dead phone battery!!!!! Listen to your mother. You scare me, but I love you and miss you........... I laughed pretty hard about the "towed car". Glad you found it. Glad Jared is low keyed and nice. I want to fly out there tomorrow!!! Can I wait until Christmas?? No.

Anonymous said...

Chels! I found your blog! I love the pictures, btw. :D

-Chuck

Chelsey Meier said...

Chuck! Yay! I love you to death. I'm calling you today.

Jen said...

Oh Chels! I just love you so much! I'm sitting here cracking up! You are so dang cute!!! You be careful! I'm crazy about my gas. I freak if it get under a 1/4 tank. Matt thinks im silly, but I must say I have never ran out of gas. He has... So take my advise, never under 1/4 tank :)lol! Miss you!!

The Alands said...

Hey Chelsey. Cute blog, you need to get Katie to start one, she mocks them but I know she will have one. That is a great story, Natalie is right, it would be way better in person.
This is Jenny- in case you don't know my last name.