Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Road Trip!



Jared and I headed out to Chicago with nothing but our car packed to the brim. We had to laugh because we didn't even get out of the cul-de-sac before something came flying from above smacking me in the head. (& Jared was wondering why I was a little frustrated when he started taking everything out of boxes piece by piece just shoving them where they'd fit. :) ) It all worked out though, and I'm glad we didn't get a trailer. We stopped at a truck stop for lunch and Jared had to try the "self-heating" meal. I thought the idea was humorous, but I didn't want to risk lunch. So on the road I have this box on my lap that has magically started to boil water and nasty smells with steam are oozing from it. We were both a little nervous, but it worked, and it wasn't even that bad. Jared drove the entire way! I guess most people might if their other option was for me to drive. Heather was nice enough to let us stay at her house in Iowa. We got there at about 2:30 in the morning and Heather was awake for us! I have the nicest sisters.

1 comment:

Heather O'Brien said...

That is seriously the funniest thing ever. I can't stop laughing. I can totally see Jared being really excited about it too.