Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Behind the Wheel

Jared's really good at driving here! He doesn't scare me most of the time. But when I'm behind the wheel I'd have to say it's a little scary. I'm getting better, but to be in a place that is so unfamiliar, with so much traffic, and different highways I can feel a little overwhelmed. It's just a little different than driving around Orem. I'm proud of myself though. I've gone to IKEA, the grocery store, and to get the car window fixed all by myself. When I went to IKEA Barbie brought her GPS and that was really nice. It's definitely a handy little gadget we did accidently get on the wrong freeway and it couldn't figure out where we were because we were on highways that were over other freeways so it just kept saying, recalculating, recalculating, recalculating... we knew that wasn't a good thing, but we did make it home.
Jared and I have always sort of laughed when people say "how do I get back?" It's always the same way you came. No. Wrong. Not here. I got so lost when I was coming home from the grocery store. The trouble with that mentality is these wretched one way streets. If the street you came is a one way it makes it a little tricky. I have never felt as lost as I felt then. I didn't know which way the lake was, which way was north. I knew nothing, except that if I went too far south my life would pretty much be in danger. Luckily I found my way home. It was a miracle.

No comments: