Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our New Home!





Since we came with basically nothing, we had a lot of work to do to get a functioning apartment. Our first trip to Wal-Mart was a bit of a nightmare. In fact as we were leaving Jared kept telling me to buy a plane ticket home. The aisles were so crowded you could hardly fit through them, their grocery selection consisted of about 3 aisles, they were out of milk, and I think the biggest factor was that we were scared.
Then of course we made a trip to IKEA! 1 chocolate bar, a lunch, and 6 hours later we checked out with our final purchases. At one point I think I was certain we'd never decide on a couch, but we did and I love it! IKEA is great, prices are good, products are nice, but there is a little fine print: Work. Putting it together at home is expected, but I was surprised when they wouldn't even help get a mattress down or carry it to the front. It was fun spending the day putting together the furniture. We both became pretty handy with our tool kit. We also painted some furniture that someone in the ward gave to us. Jared mostly painted it and it turned out really fun with the green and black! I love our new home! It's a miracle it all came together. Making all these decisions without a big picture in mind was a little tricky.
We're so thankful for all the wedding gifts that helped out as we set up our new home. We're so lucky to have such great family and friends! More pics to come. :)

3 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it Cho! So cute. Love the rug. And we have the same pillow. Can't wait to see it in person.

Laura said...

Ah, I love your style Chelsey! I have that same shower curtain as well-- I love it all!

sj said...

Chelsey! I didn't know you had a blog, it's darling! I love your apartment! All things I would pick out :) Miss you babe!