Tuesday, February 22, 2011
We celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday and it was such a great day! I feel so lucky to be able to share my life with such an amazing man. He is my best friend. We love our life together! I can't believe that this is our 4th Valentine's day together. How crazy.
Our perfect day included the following:
1. Cuddling! Is it weird that we've been married for almost 3 years and we still love to cuddle?
2. Workout together. Jillian's 30 day shred has been kicking our butts.(Jared knows how happy this makes me.)
3. Valentine's Breakfast: Pink poppyseed cake & raspberry crystal light.
4. Exchanged Valentine's. Cards are one of my most favorite parts of holidays.
5. I gave Jared socks and threw away all of his socks with holes in them. He has been saying forever that he can't wait until we are rich enough to not have to wear socks with holes in them. I told him we are already that rich.
6. Jared got me some long stem roses. I love having fresh flowers in my house!
8. Dinner at Mercadito. Such a great restaurant! Perfect decor. Great service. Delicious food. & they even have 6 different kinds of guacamole! I don't think Jared has been that happy at a restaurant since he discovered the gourmet mac and 5 cheeses at TGI Fridays.
(This is a terrible picture. We were too embarrassed to turn the flash on. But Jared wanted to make sure we got a picture. :) )
9. Watched Bachelor. (Jared had to bail because he had to help someone he hometeaches, I guess that is a pretty good excuse. I know he really did want to watch it.)
10. Ate our cupcakes from Sprinkles. I love this little cupcake shop.
I feel so blessed to have love in my life.
Posted by Chelsey Meier at 11:37 AM
Monday, February 7, 2011
" We need an unspoiled companion who will not count or wrinkles, remember our stupidities nor remember our weaknesses; ... we need a loving companion with whom we have suffered and wept and prayed and worshiped one with whom we have suffered sorrow and disappointments, one who loves us for what we are or intend to be rather than what we appear to be in our gilded shell."
Spencer W. Kimball
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
This is Lake Shore Dr. one of the main highways here in Chicago! Pretty crazy. Lots of cars got stuck last night for hours upon hours and many had to abandon their cars. I'm not sure what the city is going to do about all this snow.
This plow was stuck. That was as far as it could go down the road.
That white field is the lake.
I don't think we'll be driving our car anytime soon.
There is at least 3-4 feet of snow on the entire road where our car is parked. There is even a car stuck in the middle.
This is the sidewalk! How crazy?