Tuesday, March 29, 2011

{ spring break part II }

We also went and had a mini getaway downtown. We stayed in hotel 71 right on the river, went to the cheesecake factory, and brought cupcakes back to our room. I am dangerously in love with sprinkles cupcakes. They are SO good. Jared always asks why I can't make cupcakes like that. I wish I could!



I also took my fun money and hit the shops! I found lots of great deals! I was just wishing my sisters and mom were with me. I can't wait until our girls weekend!
(Do you think I was in a stripe mood?! Geeze.)

I also went and got my makeup done. I feel like I have been wearing the same makeup since I was probably about 12 years old. Ok, maybe not 12. I have let go of the white eyeliner. But basically I've never felt like I had a clue what looked good on me. I just randomly would pick things. So I went to MAC and had them apply makeup. I was thinking Jared would think I looked so pretty all done up. When he saw me he said,

"Woah! Have you seen yourself in the mirror?"
"I've never seen you look like that before."
"Does she know how dark she made your eyes!?"
"I didn't think you liked girls that wore that much makeup. You look like what you would call a plastic."
"You just carved a river in your face!" When my eyes were watering from the cold.

I was laughing so hard. I guess my husband likes just plain old me. (He probably would have liked the everyday look, it's the nighttime look that probably scared him.)

2 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

how fun! What a great idea. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. You are so cute together. P.S. Love that you bought all stripes and your wearing a stripe shirt too. ha ha. I like the makeup. It looks good (I can't see the river though :)). Miss you. Can't wait to see you!

Natalie said...

That makes me laugh like crazy! I love that you are secure enough to laugh right along with everyone else :) But I totally want to know what makeup tricks you learned :) And yeah, I noticed the striped shirt you wore while you bought all your stripes :)