Friday, March 4, 2011

{ hairstylist }


Being a hairstylist is such an interesting job. People trust you. They trust you with their insecurities, whether it's their ears that poke out, their receding hair line, their shape, or the hair that keeps growing on their ears.

Beyond the physical they turn to you for the many facets of their lives. They trust you with the intimate stories of their lives. Maybe it's because they know they have an hour uninterrupted with you. Maybe they just need to be heard. Maybe it's because we are complete strangers and the fear of judgment is absent for once. All I know is that I love this job. I have met amazing people. I have seen so much strength and resilience in ordinary people.


3 comments:

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

Awesome.

I hate hairstylists who don't talk. I'm like, "Okay, I'll sit here awkward and silent while you hack my strands."

Someday I will have you cut my hair, and I will get the full Chelsey Meier experience.

Abbey Zmoos said...

Love your perspective on life and your job. I bet you are the best hairstylist out there! I'm so happy for you.

Alyssa said...

Obviously the best hairstylist is actually the one who is the best therapist!
...Okay and a great stylist too!