Thursday, March 17, 2011

{ Hospital Haircut }

I just got back from the hospital where I cut a 10 year old girl's hair. She just started chemo and wanted to cut it short before it all falls out. I was so nervous before I got there-- unsure of what I would find to work with. But when I got there I was so overwhelmed with love. Her dad was there taking care of her and he was the sweetest man I think I've ever met. He was so sensitive to his little girl. He had been calling around all day trying to find a salon that would come in and cut her hair. He had talked her through everything. He had even painted her nails for her. (That is what got me the most!)

I just kept telling her how brave and beautiful she was. She really was so brave! I thought I would have to cut through the tears, but she was smiling and completely calm with everything that was going on. I was so impressed by her strength.

She gave me a huge hug when I left and I gave them my number so that they can call me when they are back at the hospital and I can come see her.

I feel so blessed to have had this experience. It really was so touching.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh man! I'm crying! They couldn't have got anyone better for the job. Seriously Cho. I bet you were an answer to prayer.

Anonymous said...

I ditto that! You could cheer anyone up. Thanks for being there for them.

Anonymous said...

What a great experience for you Chelsey! I am sure they felt the love from you, good job.
Kristy

Heather O'Brien said...

How neat. I triple ditto all that! Love you.

McKenzie said...

So cute! And definitely an answer to prayer.