Friday, March 30, 2012

{ valentine's day #5 }

This year was our FIFTH Valentine's Day together! I pretty much cannot believe that five years ago I was living in a dumpy basement apartment falling head over heels for a silly boy who brought me over nothing more than a stuffed animal! Obviously I was mortified when I realized I had gone a little overboard with my giant box full of personalized gifts. I begged him not to open it, but he did anyways.
5 years later my husband is still not the best gift giver. (Love him though.) There was no false advertising there. So sometimes I tell him I'll pick up the clearance flowers a few days after the holiday so I can get what I want. Celebrating after the fact is more convienient and a whole lot cheaper. These were $10!

We went to The Vow and ate pineapple curry on the stairs of the theater. It was a fabulous date.



I feel so lucky to be married to this amazing man! Our marriage is far from perfect (hard to believe I know), but at the end of everyday I am SO grateful to have such a good man to love and to be loved by.

4 comments:

Elise Ewell said...

I love your belly! I cant wait to meet this little man!

Elise said...

First of all, where did you get that shirt?! My maternity clothes are all so frumpy and fattening! You look so great.

Second of all, why is your face still so skinny even though you're in your 3rd trimester? Jealous.

Miss you guys!

Jared said...

Elise you couldn't look fat... I've seen you pregnant and you are adorable! Also take in mind these pictures are from February... I'm a terrible blogger. And the shirt isn't a maternity shirt it's just from some store in New York.(Gap maternity sales are my favorite though. You can get cute stuff for super cheap!)

Becca Downs said...

Steven is not the best gift giver either... bless his heart! I usually go to Tai Pan Trading and pick out my own silk flower arrangement to decorate our apartment. This year I bought myself "Breaking Dawn."