Friday, April 22, 2011

{ chicken }

I haven't eaten meat for over 2 weeks!
Why? You might ask.
Well my lovely husband decided he'd like to start with live chickens on a campout and end with chicken dinner. Yes, those are feathers on that bird!


We had to do a trial run, since this is not really a "skill" my husband has.
That meant I went to a slaughter house. Watched two chickens die. Videoed the killers dissect one of the birds. Let my husband bring a chicken corpse into MY kitchen. Defeather it and make our whole apartment smell SO SO awful.
Pretty sure I am a nice wife.

I just can't look at meat the same. I saw that thing cluck and then saw it in my frying pan. There is something disturbing about putting meat in a pan that is already warm because it was just alive.

I hope this vegetarian thing doesn't last. I am a girl that loves my meat. I love not being picky. I need to just get over it.

(Jared looks happy in these pictures, but he is scarred too. He'd be fine if I never cook meat in our house again!)

4 comments:

mamajo said...

I just realized that I saw your sister in law alot at the MTC!!! She was a host sister for the past few weeks and I work with the new sisters on Wednesdays. She is so cute! Our Jake loved Korea. Tell Jared's parents that it is a fun place to go to pick up a missionary! Oh, and what mission? We know someone who is going to be a mission President in July.

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

AH! Why does Jared want such... fresh meat??

You are WAY more tolerant than I am.

Heather O'Brien said...

GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!! Seriously, I just did some vomit in my mouth! Now you know why I'm a vegetarian! And yes, you are a good wife. There's no way in hell I would let OB do that in my sink! ha ha. Love you! I bet the scouts thought it was awesome.

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT wife. In fact the PERFECT wife for Jared. Thanks
Love you
Tracy