Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Ice Cream!




I love Sundays! It has been so fun to be with Jared for all three hours of church. We love teaching the five year olds! Church was really funny yesterday because it was the Primary Program. The kids have so much personality and energy! I love it. They are seriously hilarious.I couldn't help but but get the giggles on stage. Between children screaming the songs in my ears, pushing each other to be in the front, and spontaneous outbursts whenever it got quiet, I just couldn't help but laugh. Our kids definitely weren't the most well behaved kids, but by the third hour of church what five year old wants to sit still and be quiet? I'm almost convinced it is impossible for some children. :)
I also love Sundays because it means homemade ice cream! Since we've been in Chicago we've made ice cream every Sunday. It's been a lot of fun to try to new things! I love that Jared loves this tradition. Without fail, he insists we make it on Sunday, even if we just had dessert at a friend's house, had a big dinner, or it's 11'oclock at night. If I suggest making it a different night he responds with, "What's today? What day do we make ice cream? I'm going to pretend you didn't ask that." Secretly when I was in Iowa he even tried to make it without me. I think he realized he does need me.
The picture is of this weeks vanilla bean ice cream and Grandma's chocolate sauce! It was really good! It called for a real vanila bean which we thought was fancy. My college roommates who saw me eat nothing but, cereal, quesadillas, pasta roni, and gushers would be shocked to know I actually have been cooking.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Mmm Mmm! Sounds great! What a fun tradition! Love ya!

Heather O'Brien said...

YUMMM!!! That looks way good. I love that Jared tried to make it while you were here. So cute.

Natalie said...

That looks so good. Seriously, you're going to make me crave it :)

Unknown said...

that is an awesome tradition! if i come to visit i expect mint chocolate chip!