Tuesday, May 29, 2012

{ my thoughts on pregnancy }


(I meant to write this post before the baby came, but that didn't happen.)

We all go through our own challenges and heartaches that shape us and change us. For me infertility was one of the hardest things I've ever faced. It forced me to grow and stretch my faith. It humbled me. So many tears were shed. After I got pregnant one of my fears was that I would forget. I didn't want to forget all that I had learned through this trial. I didn't want to experience pregnancy as if I had never struggled getting pregnant. I wanted it to be different. I hope that I remained changed. I hope that I was a little more grateful- a little more happy- a little more in awe- a little more sensitive - a little more embracing of the experience- and a little more humble. I know I wasn't even close to perfect, but I'm so grateful for the perspective infertility gave me. I don't want to lose it.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Chels, I love you and the way you handled this time in your life! Never a complaint came out of your mouth during the entire pregnancy or after the birth. You have "remembered"! I will always remember your sweet, humble, appreciative self. You just glow with graditude. Love you and Jared and little Jack!

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather O'Brien said...

Love you Choey! You taught me so much through your experience as well. I adore you and you for sure remembered. You never complained about anything even though you were miserably sick ALOT!