Wednesday, March 24, 2010

not so much love for big love

When I tell people I'm from Utah there is one follow up question that is by far not my favorite."OMG. Have you seen Big Love?"The answer is no! Nor do I care to. No it is not like that in Utah. I don't know any polygamists. I have never seen one at my church. There aren't secret ones roaming around everywhere. etc. etc.The best part is when they correct me and tell me that it really is like that in Utah. I'm sure they would know better. I've only been a devout member my entire life. But what do I know about my religion and hometown?

2 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

that's funny. I love the comments that come after you tell people you're from Utah. They are pretty great. P.S. Way to go on your blogging! Now let's see some pics of your red hair! Love your guts.

Tammi said...

I have a non-member friend that lives out of state. I think she seriously think that Nathan and I are secretly part of a polygamist cult. The thing is that the people on the TV show are actually all attractive. If they ever saw a real polygamist family member they would know that show is totally fiction based on that alone! Got long hair and a long dress and no makeup on?? You could be a polygamist!