Sunday, June 21, 2009

* I love my Dad*






I love my dad. He is such a good man. I'm so grateful to have him as an example in my life. He has always supported me. As my sister put it, he's the man behind the camera of our lives. When I look at pictures of my life it is tangible reminder of how lucky I am to have a father who was, and is, such an active part of my life. He was there for everything and was sure to document it with film. He sat through every dance recital- even if it was the same recital three nights in a row. He sent me off to all of my proms and was sure to meet my dates. (& he was protective enough to give them what me and my sisters call the look.) My dad was there on the family vacations and trips to the park. He was there for the holiday traditions. I never remember being let down because he had failed to show up. He truly is a remarkable man.
I'm so grateful for the life that my dad chose to live. He didn't grow up with a father in his home because his father was an alcoholic. It is incredible to me that my dad was able to break the cycle and live a wholesome and respectable life.
I have nothing but respect and love for my dad. He loves to laugh and joke. His children never question his love for them, and his grandchildren adore him. He is honest and kind. He is gentle and very patient. He is wise and genuine. He really is such a wonderful and unselfish man. My respect has grown for him over the years as I watched him help care for my grandparents. I think it takes quite the man to live with the inlaws for 17 years. He never complained and was able to manage sharing a yard, a lack of privacy, 3 hour trips to wal-mart,and spray paint on the house. He also didn't complain about the time my mom sacrificed to be with them. He's such a wonderful and supportive Dad. I love him and think he is just the best!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Man, how come I can't write it how you can. That is exactly it. Do you hire out for card writing?

Heather O'Brien said...

Cho, that was really sweet. You always have such a good way of expressing yourself in writing. You should write a book.
p.s. LOVE the pictures. Don't you wish you looked as cute as I did? he he.