Friday, March 13, 2009

break the ice




Last week this is what Lake Michigan looked like. Cold right? We had fun trying to break the ice by throwing rocks and trees at it. We couldn't break it, so Jared thought we should try walking on it. Luckily I was the grown up and said no. Chicago is such a pretty place even in the winter, but I'm really excited for spring! I heard a man singing to his child on the street, "The sun will come out in June..." Does he know something I don't know? Hopefully springtime will come before then.

6 comments:

John said...

let's hope it isn't June!! That is way too far away.

David and Keri Wendt and boys said...

Hey I am freezing right along with you. This past week we have had snow and -25 below zero was our low. I am not sure if spring is going to come. Cool pictures though.

Heather O'Brien said...

Cute Pics. I would've like to see Jared walk on it :). Your blog looks way cute. Love your guts.

Jen said...

Looks like fun! You guys are cute! I love your new background! Miss you! Love U :)

John said...

Don't let Natalie post under my name any more. I would never say that! I'd be like, stop posting stupid dr pepper commercials on your blog!

Anonymous said...

I miss you Chelsey Marie!!!!! I can't even look at your blog without getting teary! May can't come soon enough. I very happy you kept Jared off the ice!
Love, Mom