Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yuck.

I got barfed on.
In the face.
If that's not the most mother-like thing I've ever done,
I'm not sure what is.

Hallie has claimed the fame. Poor thing has been really sick while I've been watching her and Peyton. She's still a sweetheart, even if she did vomit 12 times in one night. She keeps saying,
"Remember, I'm not going to throw-up today"
"Are you sick Chelsey?"
"I'm two, is that cool?"
"Peyton is my sister. I love her."
"Mommy is going to bring my car back."

Do moms really get used to the nastiness? I really don't think it's possible.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hahaha I think barfing is THE worst think that God created.... I saw your mom the other day at Costa Vida and she gave me a big hug. She is so sweet and I miss you guys so much! She told me you are baby sitting Heather's kids and I only wish that I could see that. I bet it's exhausting but so much fun! I love and miss you!

Elise said...

I am so sorry! Dealing with sickness is probably the most miserable part about motherhood--but I think it is easier to get barfed on by your own child :). Good luck with the babysitting!

Natalie said...

Yeah, you don't get used to it. You just get used to the idea that you're going to have to deal with lots of gross stuff. You really are the best sister Chels. Seriously. I can't wait to come out there :)

Heather O'Brien said...

NO! They do not get used to it. And YES, you are a saint! Seriously! I'm glad I gave you some good birth control. You are the best. I can't thank you enough. LOVE YOUR GUTS! (and I'm glad Hallie is more concerned about her car coming back than me :). She's told me like 3 times today that we need to go to your house after her nap and bring you back your toothpaste.)